Should you find yourself, or know of someone, who could benefit from the WCEF, please contact us.
Depending on the urgency of the situation, an application form is filled out and two Board Members meet face to face with the person or family in need to discuss the situation and how the WCEF can help. All information provided to WCEF is kept strictly confidential and is not released without the consent of the applicant.
- Permanent residents of the local community (minimum 6 months).
- Individuals or families who are poor, of low income, or in need facing emergency situations out of their control.
- The situation should be short-term or temporary in nature.
- Financial activities can be affected in the short term.
- Proposed funding of activities will allow the situation to stabilize.
- Emergency, beyond the control of the person(s) is defined as: a sudden unforeseen crisis that requires immediate action.
- Emergency is defined as: a crucial stage or turning point in the course of something.
- Or, situations deemed by the Board members to be eligible for consideration under this fund.
Examples when the WCEF would provide assistance for basic necessities of life :
- Unexpected medical expenses which exceed insurance provisions resulting in economic hardship.
- Uninsured loss due to fire which result in economic hardship.
- Delay in receiving insurance benefits.
We do NOT Fund the Following
- Long term needs.
- Services which are covered via another program.
- When person(s) are deemed, based on information provided to the Board, as having the means to fund the emergency without hardship.
- Situations which the Board feels, following review of information provided, do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Decision Making Guidelines
Two principles have been adopted to provide a guideline for Board members in deciding whether WCEF funding is the appropriate response to a particular emergency:
- The emergency must be on such a scale and of such urgency as to call for swift assistance.
- The WCEF must be in a position to provide effective and swift assistance.
Administrative costs for the WCEF are kept at a minimum. Thanks to the help of many volunteers, less than 1% of funds are used to pay for: banking fees, stationary, and some printing.